What are the most common diseases in orthopedics?
Anything that is anxious with joints, ligaments and muscles considered as orthopedics. There are several
types of disorders such as injuries, ailment and diseases that cause whiplash, knee problems,
fibromyalgia, dislocated shoulder, foot pain and whiplash. These are some kind of common and known
orthopedicsdisorders that happens because of injuries in the joints, muscles and ligaments.
Osteoporosis is one of the common diseases that happen due to weak bones and makes them brittle and
breakable. This health condition develops gradually but firmly over year and year and is often diagnosed
by the doctors when a sudden impact such as a bone fracture or minor fall happens. The rate of
osteoporosis is higher in women as compared to men, especially after menopause. If you are feeling any
pain in your leg bones then it is recommended to see the best orthopaedic hospital in Delhi for better
treatment and it is already diagnosed that you have osteoporosis then start taking your medication on time
or whatever doctor is suggested you. As per the research and suggestions of doctors of super speciality
hospital Delhi, there are no such symptoms of osteoporosis and it happens with anyone, so take advice
from experts if you feel anything unusual in your bone. People, especially women, over 45 suggested
starting having regular checkups to prevent the disease.
Other names of the osteoporosis
The silent disease, thinning bones
Cause of osteoporosis
1 The density of the bones, especially in women, starts decreasing suddenly within years of menopause,
mainly if menopause happens early in the age.
2. Long term intake of some drugs such as cortisone or corticosteroids orally, and drugs such as phenytoin
which is a medication of epilepsy. These drugs also included heparin which is an anticoagulant.
3. Some disorders of endocrine gland such as parathyroid glands, and hyperactivity of the thyroid,
deficiency of estrogen and Cushing’s syndrome.
Risk factors of osteoporosis
1. Lack of physical activity.
2. Loss of weight.
4. Drinking alcohol, excessive caffeine and smoking.
5. Deficiency of sex hormones (hypogonadism)
6. Family history of osteoporosis connected fracture.
7. Lack of physical activity.
8. Deficiency of vitamin D, or calcium.
Symptoms of osteoporosis
As we have mentioned, earlier that symptoms of osteoporosis don’t occur in the early stages. Though no
such symptoms of this disease occur there are few ones we are mentioning here:
1 Increased risk of fractures.
2. Rounback (kyphosis), and getting shorter over time.
3. Pain in the lower back that is caused by dislocation or braking of a vertebra.
When to go to see the doctor?
1 After menopause, or undergoing an oophorectomy surgery.
2. When getting old (45+)
3. If you take drugs such as anticoagulant, epilepsy, and cortisone.
4. If you take cortisone for a few months.
Complications of osteoporosis
Mainly spinal and hip fractures:
They are the most complex type of fractures. Fracture in hip generally happens because of the falls. This
type of fracture may cause paralysis to patients and sometimes even death, as these fractures have so
many complications that might occur after the surgery, particularly in the elderly.
This kind of fracture in the spinal cord happens without any fall or injury. It happens when you take much
weight on your spinal cord and made them collapse on one another, this fracture can cause major pain in
Multiple spinal fractures might lose in the height of the patient and make them appear round back
Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
1. Measuring how the bones are able to absorb rays of x-rays, via DEXA scan to calculate the bone’s
density, especially spinal and hip bones.
2. Family history: Examination of the risk factors such as family history, complications and symptoms.
Treatment of osteoporosis
It is necessary to follow preventive safety measures for the preservations of the density of the bone in
order to avoid osteoporosis, in adding up to avoid fractures and falls. If you have diagnosed with the
disease then the doctor might use methods of treatment based on the symptoms that are occurring.
Preventions of osteoporosis
It is necessary to start the preventions of osteoporosis at early age as it doesn’t show any symptoms.
Though this disease can happen with anyone but it is necessary for women to focus more and start eating
healthy early. Here, we have listed some of the prevention methods of osteoporosis:
1 it is necessary to take a healthy diet that has an adequate amount of calcium, proteins, vitamin D,
calories and some other essential nutrition. It will help you to maintain the density of your bone.
2. Excessive intake of alcohol, caffeine and non-stop smoking can lead to these diseases, so it is necessary
to quit these habits.
3. Daily exercise is the key to preserve bone strength and maintain a healthy life. It is necessary for
everyone to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to avoid disease related to bones, especially women.
4. Take the proper amount of calcium as calcium is the main nutrition that maintains the density and
strength of the bone. You can take calcium in the form of milk and other foods.
CBR Hospital (Author Bio)
CBR Hospital is a multispecialty hospital that has a team of expert doctors who believe in the easy and
fast treatment of the patients. We are providing world class treatment and healthcare services at affordable
prices. For more information visit here https://www.cbrhospitals.com/