2 Mc Cowan Rd, Cnr. Bloodwood Rd, INGLESIDE. 2101 SHNEOLTKEIRLL
OPEN: 10am-5pm Tuesday-Sunday
Vol.11 No.162 PHONE: 9486-3133
MAY ADOPTED DOGS 12,332
11AM - 2PM
TUES - SUN
A NEW BREED? Pearl, tired of
waiting for a home donned her Poodle ears and
turned into a STAFFOODLE...
Meet her and her friends inside!
2 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
• from my desk “ LIFE INSTEAD OF DEATH ” - A NO-KILL SHELTER
Wow, doesn’t Pearl look sweet? Do
the Poodle ears give her a sense of
cuteness and more appeal? Does it
make her more adoptable?
We have 19 Staffy X dogs at Doggie
Rescue – some 17% of all the breeds we
have. Why is that? Why are pounds full of
Staffy type dogs? Is it that they attract the
wrong type of person? Are they over bred
by backyard breeders? They are quickly
abandoned because they:
• scratch at doors?
• jump fences?
• dig holes?
So many of them in the pound are
1-3yo and have hardly got through their
Staffies are such loyal family dogs but “ With Mother’s Day approaching, why not
they need active families willing to run/jog
and play with them and TRAIN them. As come out and give one of our four legged Mums
cute and gentle as they are with their a hug? Miss Heather, pictured with me is just
family, shelter Staffies have generally not one of these, who would be delighted with some
been well socialised and trained at an
early age so they need a committed TLC and some love. ”
family to make up for lost time.
Xena, Sugar, Elly and even Ranger and Raven are trying
the cute Staffoodle look just to get noticed. Albie and Neo
( pictured at left ) also pinched the head gear to see what
response they would get and if it helps get them a home!
I’m so We have certainly adopted quite a number of Staffies
adore-a-BULL! over the years from abused fighting dogs covered in
scars to pregnant Staffies. In the following pages we
hear what some of these dogs have been up to, as well
as their offspring. It was sad to hear Diamond has left us.
She was such a sweetheart girl. Her Mum, who only had
her 4 months wears her ashes around her neck so she
can always be with her.
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 3
This month Joss talks about some of the corporate • Please make a DONATION
volunteering that she and Cynthia have been involved
with. Snap shots show this has been a fun activity that If you wanted to make a tax
helps awareness, attracts more volunteers and helps deductible donation to help Doggie
financially. A win, win all around! See p12-14 Rescue save more lives in the year
ahead you can donate online via
In this issue you can read how Carla and Matt contributed to Doggie our secure website or call us on
Rescue. What kind people to forego wedding gifts to help us. It certainly 02 9486 3133.
shows how important Bear is in their lives! Thank you Carla and Matt!
• Become a DoggieRescue
At the end of this
month we also LIFESAVER
Volunteers Week Or you might like to consider
and we hope you becoming a DoggieRescue
enjoy what we Lifesaver (see p20), with a regular
have created for monthly gift to support our work.
you on social
media to thank All gifts, regardless of size, help us
you all for your to give a brighter future to the dogs
many varied and cats in our care. Thank you in
services and support. DoggieRescue could not do all these things without advance for your kind donation.
you. Thank you for your care and compassion.
I look forward to keeping you
FEATURED DOG WITH MONIKA : Heather Labrador x Staffy 9yrs updated on our progress in the
26kgs Female Sponsor: “This sponsorship Is my gift to you!” Jeff months ahead and sincerely thank
you again for all your support.
Where is DoggieWood?
Ingleside Shelter location: 2 McCowan Rd,
Cnr of Bloodwood Rd, INGLESIDE. 2101 Monika
Open 11AM –2.30PM Tuesday to Sunday
Phone: 9486-3133 www.DoggieRescue.com.au Founder - DoggieRescue
now a DR
Please help us to continue
our lifesaving work
4 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
ISSUE: MAY 2018
MEET DOGGIERESCUE’S 6-8
UNIQUE DESIGNER BREED!
ADOPT A STAFFY & LET THEM 9 –11
FILL YOUR WORLD WITH LOVE!
WE’RE JUST WILD ABOUT 19
HARRY By Lisa Annese
MEET ‘LONG TERMER’ PERCY 24-25
By Bianca Nati
TARA...TOO BIG TO BE LOVED? 27
By Zelda Rose
A PRIZE WINNING PORTRAIT. 34
By Anita Stanley, proud Mum
WHAT HAPPENED WHEN 35
CARLA & MATT SAID “ I DO!”
VOLUNTEERS WANTED! No 38
matter what your skills or age you
IN EVERY ISSUE
FROM MY DESK 2-3
by Monika Biernacki 12-14
THE GOSS FROM JOSS
by Joss Stewart
UP CLOSE & PERSONAL –
with “ Princess Grace”
Cover: PEARL Staffy Check out DoggieRescue.com online HEATHER
x 10mths Female See (above) Labrador
page 6 for details. Join us on Facebook x Staffy 9yrs
https://www.facebook.com/doggierescue 26kgs Female
: Oznur Mezgil Follow us on Twitter Sponsor: “This
www.twitter.com/monikadogrescue sponsorship is
my gift to you!”
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 5
Leave a Legacy of Love
Because you will always care.
JAMIE IS BLIND. He needs a family with love &
commitment. Jack Russell x 6yrs 8kgs Male
Sponsor: “Good luck little Jamie!” Freddi Martin
Sponsored pets adopted! Please remember DoggieRescue in your Will.
• DOGS: Shadow, Quentin, Bonita, Kane, Jenny, Send or call for your free brochure about leaving a
Norman, Jellybean, Tubbington, Pip, Jester, gift in your Will.
Rohan, Leonard, Jenkins, Sheba, Jumble, Mr/Mrs/Ms/Other
Astro, Jason, Jeffrey, Pumpkin & Manu First name
• RABBITS: Custard
DoggieRescue.com wishes to acknowledge
the assistance given by:
Virbac Animal Health Telephone
361 Horsley Road, Please return to:
MILPERRA. NSW. 2214 DoggieRescue,
8 Chiltern Road,
Free call: 1800 009 847 INGLESIDE. NSW. 2101
Ph.(02)9772-9772 Or call 9486-3133
www.virbac.com.au www.DoggieRescue.com Thank you
6 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
Meet Our Designer Breed...
Bull breeds are powerful A long term
dogs and need aware and Staffy girl…
This is Xena
responsible owners who can
optimise their many, many We have many rescued Staffy and Staffy
positive attributes and crosses at Doggie Rescue. Most wait many
months to find a family who understand and
kindly train and manage love the breed. Some of our Staffies have
their considerable potential waited years for a home, constantly by
passed for the smaller, fluffier breeds.
towards their natural
inclination to love and obey.
Staffies are highly intelligent,
affectionate and eager to please,
giving you a lifetime of devotion.
Sadly people don’t always
associate the breed with these
qualities. Pounds Australia wide
are full of abused, over
bred and dumped
Hi, I’m Well, this month our Staffies are out
Pearl to show they are JUST AS CUTE as a
Poodle or a Maltese! They might be
larger, they might need more training
and an active family but the love and
devotion they show to the people
they bond to is beyond compare.
Xena Staffy x 9yrs Female Sponsor: “Good luck!” Christin Schaller
Pearl Staffy x 10mths Female Sponsor: “With love from Beth Gentle
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 7
I’m Sugar by So what do you think of Doggie
name, sweet by Rescue’s own DESIGNER BREED?
Talking of breed. Every single Staffy female
rescued by DoggieRescue has had at least
ONE LITTER of puppies. Many though have
had MULTIPLE LITTERS, over a few years like
sweet Elly below. Where are all these
for me if you
Sugar Staffy x 2yrs 17.4kgs Female Sponsor: “In loving
memory of Elle!” Bill & Joan Collins
I’m Elly, I need a Ranger Staffy x 2yrs 22kgs Male Sponsor: “ I hope
cuddle... you find a new Mummy soon!” Julie McCann
Elly Staffy x 5yrs Female Sponsor: “ In loving
memory of Jess & Jody!” Michele & Steve Tamassy
Want to turn your own Staffy into a
Staffoodle? DoggieRescue thanks…
Australia's #1 for Costumes, Party & Fun
8 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
see my big
Raven Staffy x 5-6yrs 21kgs Female Sponsor: “Just
‘cause you’re a very good girl!” Jane & Romeo
Neo Am Staff 4yrs 25kgs Male Sponsor: Iglu is happy
to help our furry friends have a 2nd chance at life
& I give
Albie Bull Arab x 1yr 29.9kgs Male Sponsor: “A
loving home soon!” Lesley Cansdell & Titch the cat
Interested in adopting one of these adorable
Staffoodles? For a meet & greet please
phone : 9486-3133
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 9
ADOPT A STAFFY THEY ALL LOST
AND LET THEM FILL YOUR TO A STAFFY….
WORLD WITH LOVE!
I went out to rescue a Staffy that day, to give him a really good life.
To take him away from the life that he led and free him from trouble and strife!
I thought I would do him a favour and be a good person to him...
And go do my bit for the county, I didn’t go out on a whim.
But what do you think really did happen the day that I did my good deed?
I discovered a love that I’d dreamed of and fulfilled in myself a strong need.
I now have a dog that I care for, I see things that I need to see.
That lovely Staffy that I rescued….really ended up rescuing ME!
FIND YOUR PAW-FECT PARTNER TODAY!
10 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
My sunshine doesn’t
come from the skies…
It comes from the love in my
“ Chester is a gentle boy who is brimming with character. Tom and I did not think we
could love him more until we had a child our selves, then we saw how loyal and gentle he
is with our boy. Our gentle guard dog who follows him every where attentively watching
over him, we could not have wished for a better companion.” Halley & Tom
“ Pudding has been one of the best decisions I have made and I am grateful
every day that she seems just as happy to be with me. Pudding struts her stuff
along the promenade and everyone comments how cute she is. She loves cuddles
and kisses on the couch and always makes sure she has touched me before she
settles in a spot. We are working on Pudding making doggy friends as she likes to
be the boss!! She may be 11.5 years old, but she acts like she is 5 years old.
Looking forward to many days, months and years with this bundle of joy!” Keryn
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 11
Sage has settled into her
new country life extremely
well, enjoying long runs
in the park with her new dog
friends, and playing in the
river near her home. Sage
has grown more confident
and playful since we adopted
her and is very popular with
the town locals, who all think
she's gorgeous and come
outside to pat her wherever
we go. she's such a beautiful
dog with so much personality
- we're so happy we found
her! Hannah & Alex
“ If love could
have saved her,
she’d have lived
Diamond passed away four Florence ( Blossom ) is a big ball of energy
months after we adopted who is always on the go!! She is such a goof
her... she was so beautiful. but is extremely loyal, protective and loving
We had her operated on but and will smother you in kisses given the
it had already spread to her chance! She loves nothing more than
bones. She had an amazing spending her day hanging out with her two
four months with my family favorite little humans! Michelle
and she was completely pain
free. I knew I had to have her
when I first set eyes on her
and I was well aware of her
Cancer but we did try and we
are all still very upset . We
have her ashes which I wear
around my neck. I will be in
touch again soon as I think I
would like another Staffie….
12 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
The Goss from Joss ByJossStewart
Drop me an email or text if you have any interesting news or photos:
[email protected] or ph: 0409 566485
CORPORATE GROUPS A GREAT SUCCESS !
We are hosting around 2 groups a month at the Pictured at left in group photo are: Claire with Jumble, Bella
shelter and the participants are loving the with Luna, Spencer with Romeo and Gemma with Belle
experience of a "day with the doggies".
We are getting some wonderful feedback how
enjoyable the day is and how much people are
learning about rescue dogs and the mammoth
effort it takes to run a successful dog shelter.
How do the corporate groups work
and what does it involve ?
Many companies these days give their
employees a day a year ( fully paid) where they
can choose to volunteer at a charity of their
choice. Cynthia Forshaw takes the initial
enquiry, co-ordinates, minimum 8-10 persons,
sets the date, sends out information i.e. wear
closed shoes hat sunscreen etc and collects the
group payment of $100 per person which is
usually paid by the company in a lump
sum. The donation is tax deductible of course !
I host the group on the day at Doggiewood - it runs from 10am to around
3.30 pm. I oversee the management and smooth delegation of duties and
prepare the BBQ lunch.
A donation of $1000 from a corporate group of 10 is a wonderful help
to Doggie Rescue AND a wonderful bonus for us to have 8-10 extra
sets of volunteer hands to help out with the never ending daily chores
that have to be done, rain hail or shine.
Spencer pictured at left with Romeo says “ I had no idea how difficult
it might be to find good homes for the dogs. My perception of a rescue
agency is that you have a rescue dog, it needs a home, somebody
offers to adopt it and you let the dog go. I can see at Doggie Rescue
a lot of time goes into the adoption process—matching up the dog
with the right home and owner. The aim is for the dog to become part
of the family, to have a wonderful life with love and care. Hence the
saying here at DoggieRescue we find our dogs their forever homes!”
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 13
Bella pictured at right with Luna says “ I didn’t
realize how much the shelter relies on such a strong
team on volunteers and how important the donation
of time and materials is to the success of running
Gemma ( pic at left with Belle ) says “ I had no
idea the amount of work that goes in to looking
after rescue dogs. The vet costs—I have dogs
and I know how expensive those costs can be.
Walking the dogs, the food, the bed linen, the
maintenance of all the buildings here, the
amount of planning and logistics it takes to
make this place run well.”
So, what happens after the tour of the
shelter? A tasty barbeque lunch!!!!
Arrival 10AM. Briefing: run through history of Oh, boy this
Doggiewood, where our dogs come from, role of the is tasty Joss!!!
kennel hands/volunteers, adoption process, foster
program, events program, feeding the dogs
Duties undertaken throughout the day:
• Dog walking is very popular and each member under- John from
takes a minimum of 2 walks and if we can manage it 3. Charter Hall
• We keep everybody busy with
• Hanging out washing/ folding dry washing
• Cleaning windows in the demountables
• Mopping floors in the office
• Sorting out merchandise in the shop/labelling/prices
• Tour of the shelter ( feeding/kitchen/linen room/grooming
14 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
“ Wow!!! They even cater for
gluten free at DoggieRescue…
How good is THAT!!!” says Cat
Thanks Lisa for all your hard work...
Photos in order of appearance are: 3 PM. Meet and greet with Monika. This sign is
Back row left to right are from Accenture are Michael, Chris, Justin and Mac . dust!
Front are Chris and Lisa followed by photos of...HARD AT WORK : Chris
with Sally & Mac with Steve, Mike washing the plastic water bowls, Justin
cleaning & washing down the outside furniture.
For more information about
organizing a corporate day please
call DoggieRescue on 9486-3133
or email [email protected]
The group from Charter Hall Funds Management taking a well earned lunch Quote of the month:
break and enjoying some cold watermelon to finish it off. You’ve earnt it guys!!!!
“ NO-ONE HAS EVER
BECOME POOR BY GIVING”
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 15
16 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE What’s trending on instagram? Follow the
in 2018 BY FOLLOWING... DoggieRescue news/see videos of the
doggies/ catch up with our day to day
happenings and much more…
1. 2. 3. 4.
1. Douglas Kelpie x German Shepherd 6-7yrs Male Sponsor: “For my rescue dogs Nela & Tess!” Lorelei Dowling
2. Nelson Cattle x 3yrs 15kgs Male Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Minnie!” Marika Camilleri
3. Jedi Kelpie x Cattle 5yrs 16kgs Male Sponsor: Good luck from Joy & Sam Jenkins
4. Peaches Whippet x Staffy 12mths 16.9kgs Female Sponsor: “In loving memory of Cindy!” Malki & Chandra
5. Sally Cattle x Kelpie 2yrs 22.8kgs Female Sponsor: “She has so much love to give!” Inzie Bailie
6. Matilda Kelpie x 5yrs Female Sponsor: “A loving forever family soon!” Janelle Wooldridge
7. Dakota Cattle 2yrs 21kgs Female Sponsor: “ Thanks for sponsoring me Anna!” Nadir Guessoum
8. Tasha Labrador x 3yrs Female Sponsor: The Students at the Sydney School of English
9. Ember Shepherd x Kelpie 3yrs 16kgs Female Sponsor: “Just ‘cause you’re suich a good girl!” Jane & Romeo
10. Zoe Kelpie x 2yrs Female Sponsor: Iglu is happy to help our furry friends have a 2nd chance at life
11. Mystery Kelpie x 12mths 19kgs Female Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Elle!” Malki & Chandra
12. Axle Kelpie x 8-10mths 16kgs Male Sponsor: Iglu is proud to help our furry friends have a 2nd chance.
MAY2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 17
• IN FOCUS MEET OUR SPONSOR DOGGIE “ MERRY” By Senior Lopez
“ I was cover boy on two
magazines before Mum
found me - Feb 2011 &
MY HAPPY LOOK-A-LIKE SPONSOR DOGGIE
“ Please accept my That’s me above with the cute Merry Mini Foxy x 6yrs 7kgs Female
pocket money for smile and floppy, down ears! Sponsor: With love from Lopez
another year to I turned 9 years old on the 1st
help look after our January and have been living
sponsor doggie with mum and sister Pippey (who
“Merry” until she is an ex DR dog too!) for 6 years
finds her forever now. I was adopted 30/9/2011.
Mum says I’m the cutest boy in
the whole of Umina Breach.
She’s not biased (LOL!!). My
favourite things are cuddles with
mum and Pippey, rides in the car
and running really fast on the
beach! I hope Merry is as lucky
as I have been. Love and sloppy
kisses. Senior Lopez and Pippey.
PS: Happy Mother’s Day Mum,
we love you to Umina Beach…
and back!!!!! Lopez & Pippey
18 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
ADOPT SNAPSHOTS MEET DOGGIERESCUE’S
ME! GOLDEN OLDIES
1. Kevin Labrador x 11yrs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Chip & Blossom!” Alan & Tina
2. Trevor Rotty x Cattle Dog 10yrs 23.7kgs Male Sponsor: The students at The Sydney School of English
3. Bella Maltese x 11yrs 5.2kgs Female Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Elle!” Bill & Joan Collins
4. Bruce Mini Pinscher 11yrs 9kgs Male Sponsor:“In loving memory of Sybil & Jed, 2 strays!”Janet & Richard
5. Duncan Jack Russell x I/Greyhound 10yrs Male Sponsor:“ In loving memory of Elle!” Bill & Joan Collins
6. Carlos Spitz x 12yrs 10.3kgs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Ricky, Pepe & Cindy!” Malki & Chandra
7. Sheila Labrador x 10yrs 29.2kgs Female Sponsor: “ A better life is coming soon!” Noreen
8. Sophie Maltese x 10yrs 4.5kgs Female Sponsor: “In loving memory of Sheba!” Louise Dowd
ADVANCED POOL CARE
Your one stop pool shop— We do it all!
Shop 4, 1 Powderworks Rd, Nth Narrabeen Phone: 9913 2566
Email: [email protected]
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 19
We’re just…. By Lisa
Wild About Harry!
“ We brought Harry (nee Roscoe) home over a year
ago. He was quite anxious in his new environment,
chasing shadows, spinning around when he heard
any beeps. He was also nervous of us which was
understandable of course. If you looked past his
demeanour into his little chocolate eyes you could
”see a beautiful but scared doggie there.
Our initial focus was on his physical health as his heart Chihuahuas and Harry can often be found snuggling with
wasn’t very good. After many trips to Dee at The one of them.
Cottage Hospital, ultrasounds, eco-cardiograms and
other tests, we changed his medication a bit. I then Harry is so good with our other pets. He lives in harmony
transferred him to my personal vet and we fiddled with with two free-ranging cockatiels and a rabbit, he loves to
his medications a bit more. Poor boy endures 4 tablets work from home with my husband, editing TV programs
every morning, 1 during the day and another 3 at night. and making media files. He is obsessed with chicken….
We next focussed on his anxiety. We bought an anxiety obsessed. He is part of the family welcome committee
jacket to keep him secure and even a device that whenever someone comes to the door or walks past our
emitted mummy-doggie hormones to help settle him. house. We take him to the dog park sometimes but only
Over a few weeks, then months he became the most when it is quiet because too many dogs roaming free
loyal, the most trusting and the most beautiful boy ever. makes him anxious. When he has the park to himself, he
bounds and leaps like a puppy.
Every night when he settles next to me in bed, he has to
have his entire body touching mine and his chin on my Thank you Monika and team for keeping him safe until
neck. He is a little bit jealous of ex-DR boy Luigi whom we could give him his forever home.
we’ve had for three years but we know how to manage
sibling rivalry! We have two other dogs, both female
“ We love our DR boy so much. I hope we have him
for a lot longer. His has a very bad heart and the
vessels in his lungs are sick but if love alone could
keep him with us, he would live a thousand years.”
20 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
Express your love and commitment to the doggies who no one else cares about!
Rachel with ex DR My name is Rachel. I am a Lifesaver and
doggie Bodrik Volunteer at DoggieRescue.
(now Bodhi )
I know that the money I donate on a monthly basis is
“ I am really proud to be a Lifesaver and put to good use in looking after the dogs and cats at
would encourage others to do the same. “ DoggieRescue - I see this in action every time I
volunteer up at DoggieWood! Lifesavers really are just
that ! The program was set up a number of years ago
when DoggieRescue was really struggling to survive.
Through the generosity of these wonderful donors,
Monika and her team have been able to continue
saving dogs and cats (and rabbits and guinea pigs!)
from the council pounds around Sydney and NSW. I
am really proud to be a Lifesaver and would encourage
others to do the same. Just a small monthly
contribution helps makes a difference at DoggieRescue
and contributes towards food and vet bills and also
ongoing maintenance of DoggieRescue. Rachel
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 21
With your regular monthly contribution our life-saving work will continue….
• Your contribution of $29 per month pays for food & shelter costs for 1 doggie
• Your contribution of $49 per month pays for food, shelter & veterinary costs for 1 doggie
• Your contribution of $79 per month pays for food, shelter and veterinary costs and contributes
to the expansion of our program – there are thousands more lives to be saved!
DoggieRescue is dedicated to saving precious lives. These dogs receive
immediate medical care, are de-sexed, vaccinated and micro-chipped and
await a loving family at our shelter, “Doggie Wood” at Ingleside. We are a
“no-kill” shelter. Our commitment to these dogs is for the rest of their lives.
Our running costs are considerable and increasing. We receive no
government funding and rely exclusively on donations.
For more information please visit our website! http://www.doggierescue.com/lifesavers.htm
22 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
MUST LOVE DOGS REWARD
How many pets do you have? I
loved being the only pet in the
family but then Dad adopted two
guinea piggies. Well, that was
okay. They are kind of cute.
Then we adopted a cat called Fish...but as Mum said “There
so many abandoned animals Chippy, especially cats, that
really need a home and for this little girl her family moved and
just abandoned ( do you know what abandoned means? Left
all alone in the world!!!) her. She will be company for you
when we are at work!” Hmm…..That’s what Mum thought # ##
COMPANY!!!! …. She claimed MY spot on the lounge—the
extra comfy chair with the saggy cushion AND she curled up
on Dad’s lap when I wanted to. She hissed at me and when I
went to jump into bed at night — there she was in the warm
spot between Mum and Dad just where I LIKE TO SLEEP!!!!!
It took a while but we did become sort of friends. In fact Fish
now likes to snuggle up to me in bed and make loud purring
noises. I just wish she would stop washing my face….
DOGGIE RESCUE Well, Mum has found another cat! It’s so scared that we don’t
VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH know if it is a boy or a girl. When I met it just curled itself into a
ball and would not even look at me, or anyone. This poor cat
Gracie sings to the dogs to calm them as we has been living on the streets and had no home. Isn’t that so
travel from the shelter to pet barn Chatswood. sad. I was prepared NOT to like it, I even put my cranky face
She is my unofficial volunteer! Lindsey Morgan on ...but...nobody cares about this cat, or even fed it ( how
Wow, Gracie..what a beautiful thing to do to calm awful not to have any dinner. I can’t bear to think about it!!!), it
the doggies down. I am sure they all love you was covered...I mean COVERED with fleas and so skinny it’s
bones stood out. Mum said it’s only about 3 months old.
CHIPPY’S JOKE: What cat
purrs more than any other? We have to wait a week and then Mum and Dad will bring it
home. I decided it can have my spot on the lounge, and curl
Answer: A Persian! up on Dad’s lap and even sleep between Mum and Dad if it
likes. I am not going to complain..You know why? It’s the
saddest cat I have even seen and we are all going to love it
and give it a happy life. As Mum said ‘turning a stray into a pet
is the most rewarding thing you can ever do’. I hope it’s a boy.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Must tell you!!!! Fish is really jealous. But she will
get used to it and love it too….after a little while. C/U Chips
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 23
# PHOTOBOMB BY THE JONES BOYS
see Pippa in
I’m Charlie, 9 years, and my job I’m Toby, 10 years, and my I’m Benji, 13 years, and my job
is to fill in for the others, plus job is to feed Pippa. is to walk Pippa.
to give her heaps of cuddles.
She’s such a loving dog. She She is such a lovely and calm dog and
I’m so glad we got Pippa, because tries to cheer people up if they’re loves everyone. She is extremely social
when I’m feeling bored I can cuddle down, wants to join in on hugs and when she meets a new dog, she is
up to her. It’s handy, because she can and is always looking to have friendly and always likes to play! She is
eat my food when I’ve had enough. fun! She absolutely loves also very friendly and approachable to
My favourite game to play with her is squeaky toys and chasing balls. new people. She loves everyone and
fetch, but she never brings her ball She sleeps in my bed and never bites. Pippa has brought so much
back, so I have to fetch it! cuddles up to me at night. love to our family and we love her too.
More stuff about Pippa...She pooed in the house only once the first night, we laugh at her love of raw vegetables.
she'd choose a raw carrot over dog food any day! Last night she was munching on uncooked bok choy!. She's
super fun to play with - chasies or tug-of-war are favourites - she's just so full of love. We can't believe someone let
her go. So that's about her for now. Thank you so much for rescuing her, and allowing us to be her forever family.
24 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
• IN THE SPOTLIGHT LONG TERMERS By Bianca Nati DoggieRescue Kennel Hand
THIS MONTH OUR MAY STAR “ Even though a good cuddle is hard for
DOGGIE IS THE HANDSOME AND any dog not to love, Percy also enjoys
SWEET PERCY. playing with his toys, particularly a
frisbee! He’s starting to get quite talented at
BREED: MASTIFF X AGE: 8YRS catching it and bringing it back to you so
WEIGHT: 31KGS SEX: MALE quickly for a dog of his age and size. And
”after a quick pat, he’s off again!
The first thing you would need to know about
this lovely man is that he’s a huge sucker for \Percy has also been spotted by some of our kennel
cuddles and affection. He’s just a big lovely hands having a sneaky dip and splash in a paddling pool
teddy bear that desires nothing more than in the yard, but I think he wants to keep that a secret
being around people and sitting in their laps because he stopped as soon as we went to have a proper
while getting all the attention. look!
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO When Percy first arrived at DoggieRescue, he
wasn’t in the best shape. His coat was dull and dry,
he had pressure sores on his elbows from constantly
being on hard concrete, worn down teeth, and worst of all
he came in with a tennis ball sized tumour on his leg that
he was dumped at the pound with. Since rescuing him
and taking him under our care, the tumour has been
removed and was benign (Yay!) and his coat is looking
much better as well. However, his spirit and demeanour
hasn’t changed in the process at all, he’s still as sweet
and loving as he was day one - if not, even more. Despite
the fact that apathetic humans were the cause for most of
his health issues, the amount of love he shows towards
people is absolutely amazing and heart warming.
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 25
Possibly due to some past Percy is a gentle soul who is looking for a calm and
experiences, Percy would quiet life with a family that will give him unlimited
need to be the only dog in the cuddles and affection ( with plenty of tennis balls
household. Who wants to share and Frisbees to play with!).
cuddle time anyway?!
He would suit a full time worker that
had a house with a garden due to his
large size. Although he is an older
man, don’t let that fool you - he has
the energy levels of a doggie much
younger than he is! And with this high
amount of energy, he would also
benefit from some lead and
obedience training as he is quite
strong when out on a walk.
If this beautiful boy sounds
like the dog for you, check out
the website and fill in the adoption
form to come and meet him!
Sponsor: For the lovely Lilly & the
joyous Jenna!” Lisa Kane
• • • SUNDAY SELFIES TO SEE VIDEOS : https://www.facebook.com/pg/doggierescue/videos/
“BELLE” “ROSIE” “SPIKE”
“ She’s an absolute sweetheart!” “ She’s an absolute sweetheart!” “ He is a happy, but shy boy!”
Mastiff x Shar Pei 18mths Sharpei x English Staffy 9yrs 15kgs Wiry Terrier 3yrs 15.1kgs Male
23kgs Female Sponsor: “Hoping Female Sponsor: Mummy Karen, Sponsor: “ Big hugs to a very sweet
you find a family!” Patsy Wills Kezy, Sherry & Spot Trafford boy!” Gail & Nelson
26 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
“IF LOVE WAS MEASURED BY
THE KILO...YOU’D BE RICH”
1 2 34
9 10 11 12
1. Athena Staffy x Kelpie 4yrs 25.5kgs Female Sponsor: “In loving memory of Otto & ex DR doggie Rohan!” Gail
2. Hazel Shepherd x 3yrs 22kgs Female Sponsor: “ Just ‘cause you’re such a very good girl” Jane & Romeo
3. Rory Kelpie x 1yr 20kgs Female Sponsor: “ Keep smiling Rory!” Love from Tilly, Jasper & Karen
4. Nancy Shar Pei x Labrador 12mths 26kgs Female Sponsor: “From our family of 2 dogs!” Lisa & Greg
5. Sirius Shar Pei x 9yrs 25kgs Male Sponsor: “ May you find the home of your dreams!” Tony Suters
6. Sargeant Bull Arab x 12mths 34kgs Male Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Ralph, Floyd & Steffie!” Verena
7. Mercedes Rottweiler x 6yrs 33.8kgs Female Sponsor: “In loving memory of Lucky, Bunny &Yellow!” E.Lin
8. Tegan Boxer x Bulldog 3yrs 27.2kgs Female Sponsor: “Sending you lots of love!” George Coleman
9. Django Kelpie x 11mths 20.8kgs Male Sponsor: “For my Serbian rescue dogs Nela & Tess!” Lorelei Dowling
10. Jax Labrador x Border Collie 5yrs 17.5kgs Male Sponsor: “ A faithful friend forever!” Wendy McCathie
11. Marley Staffy x 5yrs 26kgs Male Sponsor: “ In loving memory of our precious Elle!” Bill & Joan Collins
12. Luna Irish Wolfhound x 12mths Female Sponsor: Best wishes from Susan Cassidy
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 27
•• IN THE SPOTLIGHT LARGE BREED DOGS
TARA, TOO BIG
TO BE LOVED?
By Zelda Rose Volunteer
Mother’s Day is almost here, a time of year to celebrate she copes as long as she gets lots of human interaction.
but also a time of sadness. You see most of the female Which is so true. She really needs that human attention.
dogs at DoggieRescue are abandoned mothers, many I try to walk her every week as she is strong and has a
having multiple litters. Here we highlight just one huge amount of energy. She loves water and if there are
mother, a sweet girl who has gone under the radar at three dog pools at the entrance to the shelter when we
DoggieRescue and deserves a chance to shine…. walk out she will be like goldilocks and try everyone!
I have been walking dogs at DoggieRescue since Tara Despite having been a mother herself Tara is
came in two years ago. She had come from a farm still very much just a big puppy!
where she had given birth to a litter. I remember going
in to see her in her pen and she was so cuddly and just Tara Mastiff x Wolfhound 4yrs 40.1kgs Female
wanted to put her paws all over me. Early on when I Sponsor: “ I sponsored Tara right from the start and will
asked how she was coping at the shelter I was told that keep on for as long as she needs it! Jane & her fur kids
“ Anyone who adopts Tara
will be rewarded with a
very affectionate dog who
essentially thinks she is a
human! ” Zelda
28 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
There’s something about black dogs — do you feel it too?
They needn’t be ALL black, just a bit on the face will do!
I LOVE them. Why I feel this way, well, I haven’t got a clue…
But I am sure it’s contagious — it could happen to you!!!!!
1. Junebug Shepherd x 6mths Female Sponsor: Best wishes from Jackie Tan
2. Tabitha Labrador x Border Collie 5yrs 17kgs Female Sponsor: Lots of love from Denise Bartlett
3. Romeo Staffy x 1yr 17kgs Male Sponsor:“To help him find a home as good as Napoleon’s!” Jackson
4. Mia Foxy x 4yrs 12kgs Female Sponsor: “In loving memory of our Macy girl!” Susan Dorahy
5. Zack Dachshund x 2-3yrs Male Sponsor: Iglu is happy to help our furry friends have a 2nd chance at life.
6. Ash Labrador x 6yrs 23.3kgs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Pepe!” Malki & Chandra
7. Dre Whippet x 3yrs Male Sponsor:“In loving memory of Rusty, Tasha & Sam!” Robert Nauta
8. Rex Schnauzer x 3yrs 9kgs Male Sponsor: “ A loving home very soon!” Lesley Cansdell & Titch the cat
9. Paris Foxy x 6-7yrs Female Sponsor: “In loving memory of Ian, Muffin & Tia!” Kathryn & Paul
10. Angel English Staffy x 2yrs 14kgs Female Sponsor: Iglu is proud to help our furry friends have a 2nd chance.
11. Keith Foxy x 9yrs 8.6kgs Male Sponsor: “ Wishing you a very happy birthday Ray!” Nila Sudiarta
12. Dahlia Whippet x Staffy 12mths Female Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Linda & Pee Wee!” Pat Knorr
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 29
VOLUNTEER With your help we will
continue to find homes
GET INVOLVED....PH: 9486-3133 for more than 1000
http://www.doggierescue.com/workavail.htm doggies every year.
1. Celene Maltese x Foxy 10yrs 5kgs Blind Female Sponsor:“In loving memory of Elle!” Bill & Joan Collins
2. Brandy Staffy x Beagle 6yrs 16kgs Female Sponsor: The Australian Writers Centre
3. Saffy Maltese x 8yrs 5.1kgs Female Sponsor: “In loving memory of my sweet Crunchie!” Cathy Beer
4. Steve Shar Pei x 4yrs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Elle!” Bill & Joan Collins
5. Maisy French Bulldog x Staffy 2yrs Female Sponsor: “Wishing Maisy a happy life!” Hughie Wray
6. Squall Foxy x 8yrs 9.4kgs Male Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Ian, Tia & Muffin!” Paul & Kathryn
7. Willow Ridgeback x Staffy 6yrs 15kgs Female Sponsor:“The life you deserve starts now !” Barbara Holdsworth
8. Arty Jack Russell x 8yrs 6.6kgs Male Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Sammy!” Fred & Teena Wratten
9. Charlie Mini Pinscher x 10-11yrs Male Sponsor: “ My fingers are crossed for a forever home!” Meaghan
10. Cosmo Bull Arab x Cattle 2yrs Male Sponsor: “ I may be big but I’m a sweet baby.” Kylee, Brenda & Daisy
11. Dezzy Maltese x Shih Tzu 6yrs Male Sponsor: Best wishes from Kipling, Digby, Marlow & Catherine
12. Sienna Kelpie x Staffy 12mths 18.3kgs Female Sponsor: Sending you lots of love from Lisa Suters
30 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
BRRRR, THE NIGHTS ARE GETTING COLDER! ADOPT YOUR
OWN LIVING ‘HOT WATER BOTTLE’ & STAY WARM...
Call us on....9486-3133 ( all sizes available!!! )
1. Lucy Labradoodle 12yrs 17.5kgs Female Sponsor: “Just ’cause you’re such a good girl!” Jane & Romeo
2. Wiggles Maltese x Shih Tzu 5yrs Male Sponsor:“ Ex DR dog Woody’s way of saying thanks!” Tracy Fay
3. Madden Spitz x Maltese 16yrs 8.9kgs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Heidi & Libby!” Judith Lynch
4. Mia Maltese x 10yrs 4.06kgs Female Sponsor: “ For our rainbow bridge mob!” Colleen & Ron
5. Teddy Foxy x Chihuahua 11yrs 6.7kgs Male Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Bill & Brittany!” Doreen Watkins
6. Lulu Foxy x 10yrs 8.9kgs Female Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Connor & Polly!” The Browns
7. Tilly Maltese x 10yrs 4.1kgs Female Sponsor: “ A loving home is coming very soon!” With love from Marg
8. Wolf Belgian Shepherd x 11yrs Male Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Connor & Polly!” The Browns
9. Pepper Shih Tzu x 7yrs 7.5kgs Female Sponsor: “ We hope you find a family soon!” Rachel & Andrew
10. Angus Aussie Terrier x 5yrs 8.5kgs Male Sponsor:“Somewhere a loving home waits!” Lesley Cansdell & Titch
11. Floyd Pug x 3yrs 14kgs Male Sponsor: “ In loving memory of our dogs Ricky, Pepe & Cindy!” Malki & Chandra
12. Emmet Maltese x 10yrs 9.8kgs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of all my woofs!” Susan Carovigno
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 31
ADOPT A PAIR “WHY NOT
1 + 1 = A FAMILY….9486-3133 TWO
Toggle Mini Foxy x 11yrs Male & Fox Pomeranian x Jewel Maltese x Schnauzer 11yrs 6kgs Female &
Foxy 8yrs Male ( bonded pair ) They came from Atlas Spitz x Sheltie 10yrs 8.8kgs Male (bonded
deceased estate. Sponsor: “In loving memory of my pair) Sponsor Jewel: “ In loving memory of Pebbles!”
beautiful Sach Baille!” Kathryn Sigrid & Atlas: Lots of love from Martha Pavlakis
Bear Husky 2yrs 26kgs Male & Koda Shepherd x 2yrs Tanami Kelpie x Shepherd 18mths & Ruby Kelpie x
25kgs Female (bonded pair) Sponsor: Iglu is Shar Pei Females ( bonded sisters ) Sponsors:“In
Very happy to help our furry friends to have a 2nd loving memory of Ralph, Floyd & Steffie!” Verena & “In
chance at life loving memory of Rusty & Natasha!” Barry & Jessica
32 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
Terence and his
sharing a spot in
front of the oven.
If I wasn’t me I’d like to be – a princess, because I My tail wags most when - I’m awake – ‘cos I’m always
enjoy living a life of luxury! happy!
If I could wish fleas on someone it would be - people My relationship with other dogs is - great! One of my
who are unkind to children or dogs. favourite activities is playing with my doggie friends in
When I heard I was to star in DoggieRescue the park.
magazine I – did barrel rolls all around the living room in My family says I have taught them – about the
my excitement! endless love and devotion a rescue dog can give.
It took a while but I finally - learned not to be afraid of My nickname are – Princess Gracie, Gorgeous Gracie,
waves at the beach. Now one of my favourite things to & occasionally Dis-gracie (I’d rather not talk about that!)
do is chasing the waves and trying to bite them! My favourite place in the world is - at home with Mum
Food that makes me drool is - apart from my dinner, I and Dad, or exploring the local beaches and parks on
love any rubbish that I can find in the park, including my daily walks.
banana skins! I often wonder - what is a supermarket? It must be a
My happiest moment are - snuggling up with my mum special hunting ground ‘cos my mum goes there every
on the sofa and having tummy rubs. Also entertaining week and comes back with bags full of yummy food. I
the grandchildren when they come to visit. wish she’d take me with her – I’d be a great help!
MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 33
My greatest achievement is – raising my 3 beautiful If I impersonated a famous star I’d be – Princess
pups, Bart, Maggie and Lisa, until they were ready to Grace of Monaco, of course!
find furever homes of their own. It is not every mother who – gets pampered as much
I am so excited - to have this opportunity to thank as I do (- although all mums deserve it!)
Monika for giving me and my pups a second chance at On Mother’s Day I will be - thinking of my babies and
life, and to encourage anyone reading this to adopt a friends at DoggieRescue, and hoping they all have the
rescue dog and enjoy a lifetime of love, loyalty and licks! opportunity to find happiness in a furever home, like me!
Here are some snaps of
"Bart" one of Gracie’s pups,
however he is now known
as Gus. He is full of fun and
loves to run and play in the
garden and the park. He
especially loves the park
with the bubbler. He loves
to play with other dogs and
loves to be with you all the
time. He still likes to chew a
few socks and bits that get
left laying around but with
his face he melts your heart
and you cannot be angry
with him. Thanks Jenny
We adopted Lisa another of
Gracie’s pups, who we have
now called Esmay and she
lives with her 4 English
Staffordshire, 2 British bulldog
and a red heeler/kelpie
friends. But can I tell you she
has about a freckle of
Staffordshire in her, more like
very lean, long legs, muscles
and fast as a greyhound.
Esmay sleeps in our bed
every night with one of the
Staffords, and is very much
34 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
My name is Anita Stanley and I “ Once Layla receives her prize money she has told me that she
am currently a Kennel Hand will be donating part of it to Doggie Rescue.” Anita
volunteer at Doggie Rescue. Last
Friday I showed Monika a photo
of my daughter’s winning portrait
in this year’s drawing class in the
Arts & Crafts Section at the Royal
Easter Show. The special thing
about the winning portrait is that
it’s of our dog Scout who was
adopted by us from Doggie
Rescue way back in 2005.
Scout is a Jack Russell X, we
adopted on the 11/09/2005, when
Monika had her Doggie Rescue
site on Victoria Road in
Drummoyne. Scout at the time
was approx. 12 months and was
just recovering from a bout of
Parvovirus, he weighed 4kgs &
was quite fragile.
A proud Scout posing in Today, nearly 13yrs on Scout is fighting fit & weighs a healthy
front of his portrait 6kgs, during his recent vaccinations, the Vet told us that Scout
could pass as an 8yr old!
My daughter Layla who is a “part-time” artist decided she
wanted to draw an “interesting” portrait of Scout to enter into
the Easter Show this year. Layla first set about taking some
photos of Scout, she obtained the photo used to recreate the
artwork by putting a dollop of peanut butter on his nose…
irresistible for Scout, so out came the tongue to lick it up!!!
We were all extremely proud when Layla received the phone
call from the RAS, telling her that she had received the Blue
Ribbon for her drawing titled “Scout” in the Drawing Class.
Once Layla receives her prize money she has told me that she
will be donating part of it to Doggie Rescue.
Best Regards, Anita
MAY 2018 DOGGIESRESCUE.COM MAGAZINE 35
When Carla & Matt said “ I do!” they
do-nated $3,144.91 to the doggies!
BACK IN 2015 WE WERE SO
FORTUNATE TO ADOPT THE
VERY SWEET BEAR FROM
MONIKA’S DOGGIE RESCUE.
In case you all couldn't tell
from the 1000's of pictures we
post of him … he is our most
cherished and loved thing in
Monika's Doggie Rescue is a
100% volunteer and donation
reliant non kill animal shelter
and we were so blown away
with how hard Monika and the
volunteers work to keep the
shelter running. We have been
wanting to give back to
Monika's for some time now
and although unconventional,
we thought this would be our
perfect opportunity as we are
so incredibly lucky to have
absolutely everything we could
possibly want or need already.
So for our big day we asked
our friends and family to forgo
the usual material gifts or
cash in envelopes and ask
that if they were planning on
gifting us something to make
a small donation to this
amazing charity instead.
For us to be able to give back
to a charity that we feel has
done so much for us is truly
the greatest gift we could
receive! Carla & Matt xxx
36 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
Share updates/ videos, catch up on our latest news
and help us to spread the word! LIKE US TODAY :)
1 2 34
5 6 78
9 10 11 12
1. Spud Foxy x 3yrs 7.2kgs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Bessy Irvine!” Janiece
2. Sam Staffy x Beagle 3yrs Male Sponsor: With love and hugs from Shona & Narice
3. Casper Staffy x Jack Russell 2yrs 12.4kgs Male Sponsor: With lots of love from Ruth Wall
4. Buddy Cattle x Kelpie 12mths18.4kgs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Penny & Lucy!” Hannah
5. Quinn Kelpie x Jack Russell 8yrs 9.7kgs Female Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Penny!” Stefanie
6. Nugget English Staffy x 2yrs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Jessica!” Honey, Bonnie & Marti their Mum
7. Olive Kelpie x Shar Pei 2yrs 15.7kgs Female Sponsor: “Just ‘cause you’ve been a good girl!” Jane & Romeo
8. Trudy Labrador x Shepherd 3yrs 29kgs Female Sponsor: “ In loving memory of my friend Salvatore!”
9. Harper Cattle x 12mths 15kgs Female Sponsor: “ Sending you lots of love!” Australian Writers’ Centre
10. Bailey Jack Russell x Pug 4-5yrs 8.3kgs Male Sponsor: “ It’s in the giving that we receive!” Royce Milmlow
11. Khaleesi Staffy x 1yr 12.7kgs Female Sponsor: “ It’s in the giving that we receive!” Royce Milmlow
12. Dusty Kelpie x Corgi 4yrs 10.8kgs Male Sponsor:“For my Serbian rescue dogs Nela & Tess!” Lorelei Dowling
MMAAYY22001188 DDOOGGGGIEIERREESSCCUUEE.C.COOMMMMAAGGAAZZIINNEE 37
1. Tilly Maltese x 10yrs 4.1kgs Female Sponsor: “ A loving home is coming very soon!” With love from Marg
2. Heaven Shar Pei x Kelpie 2yrs 16.7kgs Female Sponsor: “In loving memory of Lucky!” Kevin Lynch
3. Rosie Maltese x 10yrs 5kgs Female Sponsor: “ For our rainbow bridge mob!” Colleen & Ron
4. Bella Maltese x 11yrs 5.2kgs Female Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Jakkson & Jack!” Gina Carovigno
5. Ruben Mastiff x Kelpie 9yrs 27kgs Male Sponsor:“You have a sponsor now, you are loved!” Fred & Annie Tse
6. Wilbur Maltese x 10yrs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Sach Baille!” Kathryn Baille
7. Jet Kelpie x 7mths Male Sponsors:“To Anna Clarke Doyle & Paul Cosgrove best wishes for a the future!” Melina
8. Andy Pomeranian x Maltese 5yrs 5kgs Male Sponsor: “Hoping for a loving forever home!” Robyn Thomas
9. Major Mastiff x 2yrs Male Sponsor: “ In loving memory of Rusty & Natasha!” Barry & Jessica
10. Murray Maltese x JRT x 10yrs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Poppy & Evie & for Sam!” Brenda Harris
11. Ben Maltese x 11yrs Male Sponsor: “In loving memory of Poppy & Evie & for Sam!” Brenda Harris
12. Louis Maltese x 12yrs 6.6kgs Male Sponsor: “ In loving memory of our boy Crayon!” Sam, Tim & Shannon
38 MAY 2018 DOGGIERESCUE.COM MAGAZINE
“ What incredible work you
all do for these doggies!
Wolf is so very Coming to Monika's is one
appreciative of the of the best things I have ever
time I give him! done. It brings the biggest
smile to my face as the
photos would suggest!
No matter what skills you
have, or your age, you can
help! There are a huge variety
of volunteer jobs available from
dog walking or cuddling to feeding
the animals, answering the phones
or helping in the office, hanging
washing on the line or just spreading
the word about DoggieRescue.
If you have a skill — we can use you!
Meet like minded animal lovers, have
some fun for a very worthy cause.
Phone: 9486-3133 or
just come and see us!