‘PLANE OUR MISSION IS TO ACHIEVE
TRAINING TRAINING EXCELLENCE USING
INNOVATIVE METHODS, INDUSTRY
SPECIALISTS, EXPERIENCED AND
QUALIFIED TEACHERS TO PROVIDE
VALUABLE AND LASTING LEARNING.
We are a flexible freelance team of highly qualified and experienced Contact Us
learning development and delivery specialists.
Our associates are skilled instructional designers and qualified trainers. Sandra Alexander
We provide a complete learning solution service to suit a wide range of Senior Trainer and Director
needs with creative and inspirational approaches. Tel: 07941 909626
Summary [email protected]
Our strengths lie in our training experience, qualifications and flexibility Paola Marshall
Our team can integrate within your business, assist with assessing learning Senior Trainer and Director
needs, designs, and deliver solutions as required. The complete service we Tel: 07802 419664
provide allows our customers to rapidly expand and contract their learning [email protected]
solutions capabilities to suit their changing needs. [email protected]
We have team members based in the UK, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy ‘Plane Training Website
and Australia and can provide multi-lingual services. We travel worldwide www.planetraining.co.uk
for training; we are experienced and mindful of local customs.
‘Plane Training is proud to have become a trusted and respected name in the travel industry whilst remaining relatively
unknown in the public domain. Our work and training solutions are fundamental to Travel Training Globally; however, in
the last decade, this may not have been too publicly accredited as we work for selected high profile blue chip travel
industry clients. Through intense training needs analysis, skill and professionalism, we adapt, understand and integrate
within these organisations either temporarily or over longer-term projects.
We have over 16 years of experience in the learning solutions industry. Our individual team members provide well over
100 years of experience cumulatively. Our customer contracts have given us the opportunity to design, co-ordinate and
deliver performance centred, classroom and virtual training for national and international groups with audience
numbers ranging from 1 to well over 50.
Our work so far has mainly involved development and delivery of solutions for national and global training programs
within the (GDS) Global Distribution System; as accredited DfT – Department for Transport – certified instructors we
deliver for high profile companies both Air Crew and Cargo Aviation Security courses and, outside the travel industry, we
have worked with defence companies, (ERP) Enterprise Resource planning industries, social media and other
government department partners.
Our team understands the change management challenges that companies face with system or operational changes.
Sample Project Work
Travelport Global Travel Commerce Platform Provider
‘Plane Training is a Travelport Preferred Global Training Partner
• Management, design and delivery of learning solutions for global software rollouts for the past 6 years.
• Our team is deployed in an agile development environment for 2-3 software release lifecycles each year.
• We assist throughout the process; assess learning need, design multi-media solutions, review and update, distribute and
deliver training on behalf of the customer. Finally, we gather and analyse feedback for the next lifecycle.
• Planning and Learning Solution design and delivery for implementation of companywide software rollout for example
• Learning Management Solution for a wide range of audiences and needs
• Design and delivery of market specific courses for support teams focusing on trouble shooting
• Design and delivery of customer service courses delivered across America, EMEA and APAC regions.
• Design of classroom, virtual and e-learning solutions for new product releases.
Project Success Statistics
• Our blended e-learning, virtual and classroom solutions have decreased time to competency for our customer’s customers
and internal audiences including; sales and support teams.
• Introduction of quality assurance processes improved training content and reduced time in correcting and updating content
to a structured and definable timescale.
• Improved resolution of issue at first line for support teams in targeted regions to 98%
• Surveyed customer satisfaction increased to over 90%.
• Product adoption in targeted regions improved by up to 40%.
Amadeus Global GDS Global Distribution System Provider
Exclusive Amadeus UK Training Provider – 2012-2019
• Planning and creation of supportive multi-media learning for new training suites.
• Implementation of “on the road” marketing and training shows.
• Design and delivery of classroom, virtual and e-learning programs.
• UK wide learning support provision.
• Delivery of bespoke Microsoft Office suite training courses.
• Ongoing maintenance, support and updates to existing training material.
• Delivery of ‘Plane Training Fares and Ticketing courses to the UK and worldwide markets.
• Marketing, promotion and implementation of University/higher education modularised courses in the UK market.
Project success statistics
• Supported market share increases of over 10%
• Maintain an unprecedented training course customer satisfaction index;
• Over 95% of customers are assessing training services as excellent
• Successful implementation and support through large UK wide
migration in 2016; in conjunction with Amadeus ‘Plane Training helped
converting approx. 10,000 users.
British Airways – Largest airline by fleet size in the United Kingdom
• Crew learning training delivery partner. Supporting new hire crew learning based at London Heathrow and London
Gatwick. Specialising in customer service, Liquor bar customs regulations, equipment handling, Tourpos & Kestral onboard
retail, Asset Protection, Down route safety, Aviation security, Safety Equipment Procedures, Crew Resource Management
• Recruitment Assessment partner. Using the highly acclaimed ORCA assessment method to interview and assess candidates
for customer service, crew, ground handling and cargo positions
Project success statistics
• Flexible approach to train the trainer meant the new curriculum was implemented in shorter timescales and with no
additional cost to British Airways
• 100% pass rate on all courses delivered to date
• Improved candidate suitability and faster routes to competency for young people joining British Airways
Manchester Metropolitan University – Travel and Tourism Department
• Design and Development of a modularised 12 weeks students’ program in conjunction with the
• Design and Delivery of lecturers’ courses in order to attain a suitable standard of training delivery
Project success statistics
• Flexible approach to train the trainer meant the university benefitted by having proficient lecturers’ proficiency and
• Flexibility allows us to be responsive and cost effective in short timescales to fulfil any requested changes in the curriculum
• Successful attendance and outstanding pass mark by students obtaining work relevant and unique live system qualification
Wizz Air – Hungarian Low Cost Carrier
• Training delivery of aviation security programme for new hire, cabin and flight crew learning.
Specialising in GSAT, RFX and air crew aviation security.
Project success statistics
• A reliable and fast responding introduction to this client has enabled ‘Plane Training to implement training on site with
incredibly short timescale.
• Our flexible training model has allowed us to be quick to respond.
• Our client has commented on the cost effectiveness and quality of delivery of this training.
Projects outside the travel industry – Ergo Training Ltd:
Brewers Decorator Centres
• Support of nationwide migration schedule
• Integration of training team into existing customer’s team creating a seamless workforce
• Train the Trainer workshops
• Travel between more than 120 branches nationwide assisting with training and implementation of new software.
• Supporting inexperienced internal trainers.
• Updating and augmenting training material developed by the customer.
• Creating communication channels between employees, the training experience and in-house departments.
• Successful implementation of ERP software.
Project success statistics
• Customer reported improved productivity in related roles of up to 40%
• Created a structure of knowledge levels and support that reduced costly calls to support
desks by 25%
• Enabled customer to meet expectations of challenging migration time lines.
New England Seafood International (NESI)
- Fresh & Frozen Fish Distributer/Supplier
• Consultancy review and assessment of existing company training material.
• Consultancy internal review of training needs.
• Development and rewriting of training material in an apprentice learning solution style based on taxonomies and designing
learning experiences which focus on self-led learning and acquiring knowledge.
• Created additional support documentation and video training clips to aid existing material.
• Design and development of specific workshops for target employee groups.
• Realigning existing and new training material to create a companywide portfolio which works effectively for the
• Blended written/pictorial/moving image training to aid employees whose first language is not English.
• Developing in role multi-media training across the UK.
• Delivery of Microsoft office training support via WebEx.
Project success statistics
• Employee satisfaction improvement due to reassessment of training
• Higher retention of staff for our customer.
• Increased provision for new staff intake aided by stronger, more integrated and supported training programs.
• Achieving the empowering of the workforce to manage their learning and success through carefully planned training
program which focuses on elements of self-led learning and acquiring knowledge.
• Enabled employees with limited English language skills to be able to learn and be prepared to fulfil their required duties to
Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS)
- an enterprise resource planning system provider
• Research into their worldwide associate partners’ onboarding training.
• Consultation and proposal to provide new onboarding structure and process.
• Review of internal company to assist with TNA Training Needs Analysis for each department.
• Designing, Creating and moderating employees’ workshops.
• Compiling feedback and creating documentation for management review.
• Training assessment workshops.
• Re-organisation of internal training material, including the development of a new online directory
• Complete re-design and re-write of Customer facing K8 Beginners Course.
Project success statistics
• Highlighted gaps in training and knowledge through employees’ workshops.
• Increased retention of staff thanks to new implementation Beginners Course.
• Customer reported improved productivity related to improved organisation of training material to 30% in the
first few weeks
• Created a structure of training material and support, helping all internal departments.
Gatehouse Consulting and Training - GCat
• ‘Plane Training in partnership with Gatehouse Consulting and Training offers a portfolio of
enhanced Aviation Security Cargo courses for Regulated Agents at all levels including X-ray and
Known Consignor - all modules up to Responsible Person.
• Gatehouse Consulting and Training’s senior team is qualified to offer a multi modal approach to
Dangerous Goods compliance as well as a common sense approach to Health and Safety.
• GCat’s team offers help in most aspects of transport and can assist 24/7 for emergency advice to
Software Experience & Qualifications
Galileo, Apollo, Worldspan, Axess, Amadeus, Sabre
Learning Solutions Design and Delivery Software
Camtasia, Captivate, Prezi, Joomag, Flipbuilder, WebEx, Genesys, Go To Meeting.
Learning Management & CRM Software
Cornerstone, Sum Total, Moodle, RightNow.
Issue and Project Tracking Software
JIRA, Oracle Knowledge
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, One Note, Outlook, Skype.
LinkedIn, Google plus, You Tube, Twitter, Instagram.
Prince 2, ITIL, Scrum Master, PMP
Civil Aviation Authority - CAA
Cargo Regulated Agent/Known Consignor Aviation Security, GSAT, Air Crew Aviation Security – including RFX – qualified.
Learning & Development
CIPD Diploma, Certificate in Education and/or Education graduate qualified.
Methodology and Instructional Design Experience:
• ADDIE, SAM, AGILE, Rapid Prototyping and Waterfall.
• Anderson/Blooms, SOLO taxonomies and Kirkpatrick evaluation models.
Clients – Testimonials and success story details are availale on our website
Amongst some of our clients: The Ministry of Defence, Nescot College, Thales, Scottish Power,
Southgate College, SAS Ireland, Kerridge Commercial Systems, Traveltech Solutions and Avios.
Our Offering: TRAINING NEEDS ANALYSIS REPORTS
SUGGESTIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT
Whilst the majority of our courses have been requested BESPOKE TRAINING DESIGN AND DELIVERY
and developed on behalf of our customers, ‘Plane VIRTUAL, BLENDED OR E-LEARNING DESIGN
Training has either carried on with ‘old favourites’ like AND DEVELOPMENT SOLUTIONS
the Fares and Ticketing courses or designed new and DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF RECORDED
up-to-date courses which were developed because of AND ONLINE TRAINING AND TUTORIALS
natural evident gaps in the market. EVALUATION DESIGN
Whichever course may be of interest to you, Aviation FEEDBACK AND MAINTANCE PLANNING
Security to Computer Based Learning - you may rest QUALITY ASSURANCE AND PROJECT
assured in the knowledge that ‘Plane Training has ACCEPTANCE TESTING
probably already created something very similar NEW AND EXISTING PRODUCT TESTING
previously! If not we would welcome the challenge to TEACHING DELEGATES WITH ENGLISH AS A
do so for you. SECOND LANGUAGE
Customer Focus Courses: Technical services:
CUSTOMER SERVICE HELPDESK TRAINING DESIGN AND DELIVERY
NDC WORLDWIDE IMPLEMENTATION AND
TELEPHONE SKILLS SUPPORT
HELPDESK AND CUSTOMER FLOOR-WALKING
IMPLEMENTATION AND SETUP OF STRUCTURES
TRAIN THE TRAINER AND SYSTEMS
CLASSROOM & ONSITE DELIVERY
CONSULTANCY AND SOLUTION DESIGN FOR
TAILORED CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS
FULL TRAINING NEEDS ANALYSIS
Travel Industry non -GDS specific Amadeus training:
‘Plane Training has assisted Amadeus with training since
PASSPORT INTO TRAVEL 1999; in those days our role was working as an external
partner, as and when required; today ‘Plane Training is
GDS Training: Amadeus UK’s exclusive functional system training
A Global Distribution System (GDS) is a network
operated by a company that enables automated The below courses are just an example of the offering
transactions between travel service providers (mainly on Amadeus as listing them all would be very long
airlines, hotels and car rental companies) and travel indeed. Please enquire if we run your course of choice.
agencies. ‘Plane Training can be easily develop a variety of
‘Plane Training’s expertise focuses on GDS training. bespoke courses to suit your needs.
Most of our team can train in any main GDS available
worldwide. We currently hold contracts with the major Amadeus Courses:
GDS companies and can provide training on most topics.
‘Plane Training can deliver the following courses across Run in either Cryptic/Command or new Sell
GDS. Connect platform. Most courses are also available
as virtual classes.
FOCUS ON ADM
ADVANCED FARES AMADEUS RESERVATIONS
MODULARISED RESERVATION COURSES
FARES AND TICKETING LEVEL 1 MOVING TO AMADEUS
FARES AND TICKETING LEVEL 2 TICKETING - GET STARTED
Our Fares and Ticketing courses are endorsed by
the Star Alliance TICKETING - ADVANCED
Further education – UNIVERSITY/COLLEGES –
modularized 12-15 weeks reservation and basic
ticketing courses endorsed by AMADEUS.
Travelport training: Travelport Courses:
‘Plane Training has worked alongside Travelport for RESERVATIONS
over 10 years providing a full training development and
delivery service. We have also provided supplementary TICKETING - GET STARTED
multi lingual capabilities to support regional course
delivery. ‘Plane Training is a Travelport Preferred TICKETING - ADVANCED
Just as for Amadeus, the below courses are just an
example of the offering on Galileo and Worldspan. ANCILLARY SERVICES
Please enquire about any course of your choice. ‘Plane
Training trainers are experts for Travelport and can REFUNDS
develop a variety of bespoke courses to suit your needs
on either Galileo or Worldspan. RAPID REPRICE
Our trainers are experts in all of Travelport’s platforms SCRIPT WRITER PLUS
including the very latest Smartpoint releases. Most
courses are available on all three GDS and can be HOTELS
delivered as virtual classes.
DfT approved Courses:
The CAA regulate security arrangements at UK airports,
air carriers, cargo and in-flight suppliers to ensure that
the relevant entities comply with UK and international
security requirements. Within our team we have a
number of CAA CIN qualified trainers. The CAA is a
public entity and acts on behalf of the Department for
We travel to our customers’ premises to fulfil Aviation
Security training both in the UK and abroad which may
be a necessity for a variety of different airlines, cargo
and other companies requiring Aviation Security
Training for their staff.
REGULATED AGENT – ALL LEVELS
KNOWN CONSIGNOR – UP TO RESPONSIBLE PERSON
training UK wide. We off Some of our trainers can
deliver the RFX –module as well as GSAT – General
Security Awareness Training.
Advantages to our customers:
In our experience customers’ expectations focus on:
✓ A customised training proposal
✓ A flexible timescale
✓ Scalable costs
✓ A detailed plan of how the training will work
✓ Recognisable and definable methods of assessment
✓ Confidence in the training provider
✓ Quantifiable return on investment
✓ A well-defined proposal on how knowledge will be maintained
Our commitment and loyalty to our customers is not limited to their expectations:
• We constantly strive to fulfill the best customer service not only to our customers but also internally within their
• We work to ensure good internal partnerships within customers' departments.
• We help with strategic project planning and implementation programs.
• We test and report on currently deployed products and sometimes even on those not yet released to market.
• We make suggestions on marketing procedures.
• We commit to the health and well-being of our customers' training department as a part of one team.
ORGANISATIONAL FIT AND RESPONSIVNESS:
‘Plane Training’s primary goal is to maintain a rapid and effective response procedure which works with our customers'
existing processes and structures.
Our proposals includes procedures for:
• Training Delivery Complications
• Complaints Procedures
• Change Control Procedures
• Mobile Technology Response
• Escalation and Monitoring
For any questions, please contact us:
Alternatively, visit us:
‘Plane Training Website
THANK YOU FOR BROWSING OUR BROCHURE