Blackboard Course Archive Process
Instructors may choose to archive their Blackboard course (including content, interactions
and grades) to a file on their computer. The content and information from the course can
be retrieved from the archive file as needed.
Instructions for archiving a Blackboard course are available below:
1) Open the Blackboard course.
2) Browse to the “Control Panel” and click the “Packages and Utilities” tab.
3) Click the “Export/Archive Course” option. The “Export/Archive Course” page will
4) Click the “Archive Course” button on the top of the screen.
5) Check the box to “Include Grade Center History…”
6) Click the “Submit” button. An email will be sent from “Blackboard Administrator”
with the title “Archive: COURSE ID [calbaptist.blackboard.com]” when the process is
7) Once the e-mail message has been received, return to the “Export/Archive Course”
page. A link to the archive file will appear on the page.
8) Click on the archive file link to download the file.
9) Save the archive file to a location on the computer.
For additional information and support, please contact:
Online and Professional Studies (OPS) Main Campus / Traditional Courses:
Courses: Keith Castillo
Robert Shields Director of Instructional Technology
Online Learning Systems Administrator [email protected]
[email protected] 951.552.8720