(VRT3013) TEKNOLOGI BAHAN
PROFESOR MADYADR. MOHAMED NOR AZHARI BIN AZMAN
GROUP NAME MATRIKS NUMBER
MEMBERS ANDYFIVE SIMPONG D20192091468
NEXTBERT RUBERT D20192091873
LIZERI APIMA APING D20192091882
MUADZATUL ATHIRAH BINTIMAZLAN D20192091871
STEPHANIE LEONG D20192091870
IZAURA NUR IZZATY BINTIAHMAD D20192091885
AZZAH BINTI [email protected] D20192091681
NOR AZIATUL SHARINBINTI DONY ALOYSIUS D20192091695
• Chemical element with the • Chemical element with the symbol
symbol Al and atomic number Cu with atomic number 29. It is soft,
13. Aluminium is silvery-white, malleable and ductile metal with
soft, non-magnetic and ductile very high thermal and electric
metal in the boron group. It is conductivity. Furthermore, a fresh
makes up about 8% of the exposed surface of pure copper has a
earths crust where it is the third pinkish-orange colour. Copper is used
most abundant element after as a conductor of heat and electricity.
oxygen and silicon. The chief Not only that, copper ranks as the
ore of aluminium is bauxite. third most consumed in industrial
metal in the world after ion and
Light weight and Corrosion Copper is a good conductor of heat and
Electrical and Thermal electricity.
Conductivity 20 years to corrode.
Reflectivity and Ductility Pure copper is delicate and soft
Strength at Low Temperatures The color of the surface is orange red.
Impermeable and odorless When mixed with tin will form a bronze.
Non magnetic and Non-toxic Has a melting point of 1.803 ° Celsius
Sound and Shock Absorption Has a boiling point of 2.595 ° C.
Non Sparking and Recyclability
USEFUL OF ALUMINIUM
• Food packaging and canning
• Paint material
• Consumer goods
• Power lines
• Aluminium takes to polishing and anodizing very well.
• Aluminium acts as the supporting structure
a. The ceilling of the Aviamotornaya underground station in
• Unbeatable strength to weight ratio.
a. Shinkansen E6 train in Japan
b. Frames of Zeppelin airships
c. Space shuttles f. Axia engine
d. Aircraft fuselage g. Car radioator
e. Car rim
3. Food packaging and canning
• Aluminium foil can wrapping food that is burned or by other process.
• Aluminium is completely safe for food products and does not cause toxic
• Aluminium will not rust, lightweight and easily arranged.
a. Food and drink canning b. Food packaging
c. Aluminium foil
4. Paint material
• Aluminum paint is a coating material that consists of a resin base filled with solid
flecks of aluminum.
a. The aluminum flakes give the paint b. Aluminum paint can be used to coat
a shiny and metallic finish. wood, metal or masonry.
5. Consumer goods
• Makes modern technology gadgets look sleek and sophisticated while being light
• Aluminium is stronger and tougher than plastic and lighter than steel.
• Aluminium allows heat to dissipate quickly, keeping electronic devices from
a. Apple's Macbook b. Flash drive c. USB
6. Power lines
• Aluminum provides a better conductivity to weight ratio than
• Aluminium conductor steel-reinforced cable (ACSR) is a type of
high-capacity and high-strength stranded conductor typically used
in overhead power lines.
USEFUL OF COPPER
• Home Services
• EASILY MOLDED BASE METAL THAT IS OFTEN ADDED TO PRECIOUS METALS TO IMPROVE ELASTICITY,
FLEXIBILITY, HARDNESS, COLOUR AND RESITANCE TO CORROSION
• COPPER IS KNOWN TO KILL MANY GERMS ON CONTACT. MOST HOSPITALS ARE INSTALLING
COPPER TOUCH SURFACES TO HALT THE SPREAD OF BACTERIAL INFECTIONS.
3. HOME SERVICES
• CONDUCTS BOTH HEAT AND ELECTRICITY MORE EFFICIENTLY THAN MANY OTHER METALS
SUMMARY Basically, you have read our
ebook. In conclusion, this ebook is
about aluminium and copper. Both
of these things are important for us
and industrial sector. For an
example, aluminium is used to make
canned food while on the other
hand, copper is used to conduct
electric. As you can see, without
aluminium and copper it will be
hard for us and industrial sector to