Mission Statement: Together we support our
member banks and bankers with leadership,
advocacy and education to benefit the
communities and customers they serve.
Goal #1 – Lead advocacy at the state and federal levels.
A. Develop a game plan for advocacy at the federal level.
B. Develop a list of influential bankers for every legislative district.
C. Increase BankPAC participation by 41%.
1. Evaluate use of resources at the federal level.
2. Increase diversity on the Federal Affairs Committee by establishing 15 staggered 3-year rolling terms.
3. Increase member participation in opportunities for positive regulatory reform.
4. Develop a list of influential “super bankers” for each legislative district.
5. Increase BankPAC participation.
6. Explore a method or system to track member engagement.
Goal #2 – Develop and execute successful transitions in all areas of KBA leadership.
A. Maintain employee retention and turnover (less than 10% annually).
B. Retain KBA Insurance market percent penetration (at least one product).
C. Initiate remote worker satisfaction feedback survey.
1. Annually maintain staff contingency documents.
2. Review KBA’s staff onboarding process including onboarding guidebook.
3. Embrace and identify processes that allow for workforce flexibility and improved efficiency.
4. Continue a strong KBA insurance program through the leadership transition.
5. Update KBA’s master succession plan.
6. Establish a consistent employee goal-setting and evaluation process.
7. Increase the level of understanding of the role of each KBA department.
8. Implement and follow consistent/transparent process for hiring.
Goal #3 – Grow and expand our compliance/consulting services (Legal, audit, consulting,
loan review, compliance training).
A. Increase net income.
B. Increase number of members utilizing our services net of M&A changes (inter- and intrastate)
C. Strategically contact 100 banks.
1. Determine structure, logistics & management for interstate expansion (assess membership
requirements and impact across future services such as education).
2. Explore profitable partnerships with other state associations.
3. Develop a marketing strategy and plan.
4. Execute the marketing strategy and plan.
5. Explore providing other potential services.
Goal #4 – Actively educate and promote the banking industry to improve image and
recruit future bankers.
A. Establish two additional relationships with universities.
B. Increase utilization of social media (Facebook and Twitter).
C. Increase funding to Kansas Bankers Educational Foundation (KBEF).
1. Expand KBA contact/networking with Kansas universities.
2. Market internship opportunities.
3. Identify ways to promote the four objectives of KBEF as determined by the KBEF Board.
4. Develop a plan to enhance the brand and image of the banking industry.
5. Identify ways to promote banking and financial literacy to middle school and high school students.
Goal #5 – Grow and expand non-dues revenue.
A. Increase number of associate members to 133 by 2021.
B. Increase non-dues revenue by 5% for FY2019.
C. Increase revenue of Endorsed Vendors.
1. Evaluate structure and level of associate member dues.
2. Develop a structure for cross-functional bank calls.
3. Continue to evaluate opportunities in Education.
4. Evaluate more opportunities for vendors/exhibits at conferences.
5. Evaluate KBA’s current Endorsed Vendors.