About the Passages
One passage is written on three levels.
Passages are marked H, M, or L (high, medium, low) at the bottom right of the page.
Passages are written with large font for annotating text in centers or
guided reading as well as half page format for use in interactive
1. A Mixture contains two or more types of matter. Mixtures can be separated.
2. A sieve is a tool used to separate mixtures. It has a screen to allow smaller pieces to fall through it.
3. A sieve separates mixtures of small and large parts.
4. Magnets are stirred into the mixture. The attract and separate the magnetic parts of the mixture.
5. Filters separate tiny parts of a mixture from the liquid parts.
6. Evaporation is used to remove all of the liquid from a mixture.
7. Andrew can use another magnet to attract the other magnets. He can stir the sand and remove the magnets.
8. Andrew can use a strainer, which is like a sieve to drain the water from the noodles.
9. Andrew can pour the mixture into a coffee filter. The filter will catch the glitter and allow the water to pass through it.
10. Andrew can let evaporation remove the water from the sandbox.
Click the image to get the first Matter passage FREE!
Find More Matter Passages HERE!
EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN FREE Scientists Ask Testable and Measurable Questions Form a Hypothesis
Limiting Variables Control Groups Writing Procedures Data Results and Conclusions Application BUNDLE
WEATHER FREE Water Cycle Precipitation Condensation Clouds Weather Tools
Climate Zones Weather Cootie Catchers BUNDLE
SPACE FREE Planets Revolution and Rotation Asteroids and Comets Moon Phases
Meteoroids, Meteors, Meteorites Stars Constellations Galaxies SPACE BUNDLE
I hope you enjoyed the
4 FREEBIES on page 2!
Please rate me after downloading -you get TpT points towards free resources
for every dollar you spend!
Follow me HERE so you do not miss future freebies!
You may also like
Reading Center Mega Bundle
28 Minimal Prep Centers for ANY text, ANY phonics
patterns, ANY fluency list, and ANY vocabulary. Writing,
Speaking and Listening Benchmarks included. Grades 2-5
Click the image to see more!
Text Dependent Center Mega Bundle
32 Informational Text cards and 32 Literature cards
to use with 15 board games! Click to see more!
Clip Art Credit:
First Grade A to Z (Book) Science Demo Guy (Science Kids)
discounts for sharing. No part of this product may be used to create a new product for personal or
commercial use. Please share only the links to free products. Failure to comply is a copyright
infringement and a direct violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Thank you for recognizing my hard work and directing your colleagues to my store.