CONTACT US WAINUIOMATA
email / [email protected] high schOOL
address / Parkway, Wellington, 5014, New Zealand
website / www.wainuiomatahigh.school.nz "BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE"
phone / +64-27-338-2837
MEMBER OF WIN - WAINUIOMATA INTERNATIONAL netwORK
WAINUIOMATA PRIMARy, INTERMEDIATE AND HIGH SCHOOL
YEARS 1-13 S H ORT STA Y
PRO G RAMME
E D U C ATI O N
• Short stay programmes from one week to one year
• Education from Years 1-13 in registered schools • Tailored to each group’s needs and budget.
which are all signatories to New Zealand’s Code • Additional English language based activities,
of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International
Students. including a four day trip to Rotorua and cultural
• Housing at very affordable rental / purchasing prices • Ideal opportunity to experience life as a student in
• Quality day care for under five year olds in a Regis- New Zealand.
H E LLO TO OUR tered Child Care Centre:
IN TE R N ATI O N A L STU D E N T S !
PATH WA Y TO
Wainuiomata High School is a co-educational school of 800 students in Lower Hutt, TE RTI ARY E D U ATI O N
Wellington. The school is ideally placed in a rural type setting, yet only 20 minutes drive
to the capital city of New Zealand. To get a feel for life at Wainuiomata High School visit Pathways into the following Tertiary Providers...
us at www.wainuiomatahigh.school.nz or look us up on Facebook.
• Victoria University
H E RE AT WA IN UI OMATA • University of Auckland
HIGH SCHOOL • Otago University
• Massey University
We are very accepting and friendly to students from other countries. • Weltec and Whitirea Polytechnics
• Cordon Bleu School of Cookery
• Private tuition is available after school.
• We have excellent guidance and support services. 100% of our International Students studying for University
• We have a safe, friendly & clean environment which makes you feel Entrance gain a place in a New Zealand University.
happy and relaxed. GAP YEAR
• English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) tuition is available. E XCH ANG E
• A broad curriculum and extensive co-curricular activities, including
An ideal place to have a Gap Year Exchange. Homestays
over 40 sports, a wide variety of musical opportunities and drama are located close to school, often within walking distance.
are available. Experience life in New Zealand by visiting and taking part in
• We have homestays which are school approved. The homes are a number of different activities including:
large, roomy, comfortable and warm. Students are cared for and
will become part of the host family. • National parks
• Students are able to enrol at any time of the year from 13 years of • Going on bush tramps
age to 19 of age. • Exploring mountain biking tracks
• Rowing and sailing in the Wellington Harbour
NO PREREQUISITE ENGLISH IS REQUIRED! • Playing Golf at the Wainuiomata Golf Club
• Being involved in rugby, league and football clubs
WE L F ARE & S U P PORT • Opportunities to work with shelter animals
• Days out tree planting in the local environment
The International Dean in conjunction with the House Deans
and Homestay Co-ordinator oversees the welfare and
academic progress of all International Students. A full time
guidance counsellor, doctor, nurse and social worker are
also available for support. Qualified teachers provide ESOL
support to International Students. There are many levels
available, ranging from junior to senior classes.
After school private tutoring is also available.