BSc (Hons) Engineering Management
The BSc (Hons) in Engineering Management is a Programme Features
Work Based Distance Learning (WBDL) degree
which aims to bridge the gap between learning at • These programmes have been specifically
work and learning at university. designed to utilise your existing work-place
knowledge and allow an elective choice
The programme takes into account the high levels of to achieve a bespoke programme for your
skills and learning that are demonstrated every day in needs
the work place and provides a degree framework to
support and accredit their experience and learning. • Distance learning is conducted almost
entirely off campus with no requirement to
The BSc (Hons) Engineering Management degree is visit the University
open to all suitably qualified employees. Underpinned
by extensive research and development, this degree • Student work has been utilised to realise
programme provides formal accreditation of approved measurable operational improvements,
prior learning and experience against the first two budgetary savings, and to drive
years of a full degree. This means that students improvements in policy and strategy
undertake a final year of study comprising of five core
modules and one chosen elective, graduating with a • The WBDL programmes are designed to
BSc (Hons) in Engineering Management. equip students with skills, understanding and
knowledge, which can be applied directly to
Modules the work environment.
1. Critical Enquiry Skills Employees
2. Integrating Leadership and Management Experience
3. Engineering Systems Design As prospective students will already be employed,
4. Engineering Systems Management benefits of the degree for those individuals may
5. Elective include:
6. Independent Research Project • Academic recognition for learning you have
Overview already achieved
• Individual learning programmes focussed on job
• Study whenever and wherever is most convenient
for you. Fit the course around your family and work relevant learning
commitments. • Direct access to specialist expertise to support
• Flexible instalment plans available work based projects and extend the scope of
• Recognised professionally and academically your activities
• Expert advice and guidance throughout the • Immediate opportunities to apply theory in
programme • Improved performance and the ability to respond
• Final year of a three-year honours degree to change
designed to be completed within 18 months.
For Organisations Dual Accreditation
Staff development also has recognised benefits for The BSc (Hons) Engineering Management Degree is
organisations which may include: dual accredited by the CMI. This means students will
• Improved performance and competitive edge automatically receive a second professional qualification
• Increased motivation, confidence and creativity upon successful completion of their programme:
• As it is an industry-recognised award, students who
of the workforce
• Immediate benefits from availability of expertise possess the CMI professional qualification become
and advice on work based projects • Students can gain access to exclusive CMI networking
• Customised programmes to suit your events.
• Students can have the opportunity to attend lectures
organisation from top level CMI industry-expert members.
• CMI qualifications sit on the RQF framework and are
HowYou Are Assessed recognised by the European Credit Framework.
• CMI qualifications fast-track students to the next stage
The assessments are designed to address the of training to become Chartered Managers.
learning outcomes of all individual modules, utilising • Whilst undertaking their studies, students will become a
a range of assessment methods including essays, CMI Affiliate member, offering them a host of additional
portfolios, reflective logs and reports. There are benefits to support their development and employability.
opportunities for formative feedback to aid learning
and prepare students for submission of assessments Chartered Manager
on an on-going basis throughout the programme.
Chartered Manager (CMgr) is the most prestigious status
Course Duration that can be achieved in the management profession. This
Typically, students take 18 months to complete their • Recognises professional managerial competence and
studies. However, flexibility is a key feature, so
students may formally interrupt their studies for a functional ability.
period of up to two years to accommodate personal • Takes consistent high performers who are committed to
circumstances, work or operational commitments.
current best practice and ethical standards to the next
level of managerial awareness.
• Distinguishes students from their competition, thus
enhancing their career prospects.
BSc (Hons) Critical Enquiry Integrating Engineering Engineering Elective Independent
Engineering Skills Leadership & Systems Systems Research
Management Management Design Project
Elective Strategic Venture Coaching and Managing Health
Supply Chain Creation Mentoring projects and Safety
For further information and to make
an application please contact:
Work Based Distance Learning Team
+44 (0) 1522 835514
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this leaflet at the time of going to print. For the most up-to-date programme information,
please visit our website at www.lincoln.ac.uk. If there is any inconsistency between the information in this leaflet and the information on our website, the information on our
website should be taken as correct. Please refer to our website for the latest information about the course you are applying for before making an application. Please visit
www.lincoln.ac.uk/terms for full terms and conditions.